Planned Giving Opportunities
Planning a gift is an investment in the future of Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village. It’s a prudent way to make a lasting difference, and a way to accomplish your financial and philanthropic goals. You may have supported the future of Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village in your plans and now enjoy the peace of mind that comes with making a difference, and leaving a legacy that family members and friends will honor and remember.
Based on the gift plan you choose, you can benefit in one or more of the following ways:
- Lifetime income- for you and/or another
- Tax-saving gifts to children and grandchildren
- Income tax savings
- Elimination of federal estate tax
- Capital gains tax savings
- Fulfillment of philanthropic goals
With these benefits, the opportunity exists for you to make a much greater charitable impact than perhaps you thought possible.
In many instances, your gift can be directed towards a permanent endowment for scholarships, program needs, or other areas that effectively help secure the future of Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village.
Bequests are by far the most common and often simplest way to plan a gift for the benefit of Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village. You
can include Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village in your will either as a percentage of your estate or for a specific dollar amount. You can also create a revocable trust that provides income to a selected beneficiary, and afterwards, the remainder is given to Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village.
With a bequest, you do not have to part with any of your assets during your lifetime. You may also eliminate or reduce federal estate taxes.
A simple bequest can be made in one of the following ways:
- Specific Bequest- Name Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village as a beneficiary of your estate.
- Residuary Bequest- Once all estate obligations have been satisfied, i.e. taxes, debts, expenses, as well as other bequests, all or part of what remains is given to Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village.
- Contingent Bequest- This type of bequest is conditioned on the occurrence of an event, i.e. one or more of your beneficiaries pre-decease you, in which case, Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village becomes the beneficiary.
Susan Grelick Legacy Society
Bequest provisions should be made to: Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village
The following language may be helpful as you create or revise your will: “I give ($______) (or a specific asset such as securities, real estate or other property), or (____ percent) of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to the general support of Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village in Amherst, New York.”
Individuals who notify Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village that they have made a gift through their estate to the museum will become part of the Susan Grelick Legacy Society. This will entitle them to participate in exciting events and programs created especially for them.
Becoming a member of the Susan Grelick Legacy Society makes it possible for you to ensure that Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village stays vibrant and healthy long after your lifetime. Your legacy lives on as your name becomes a permanent part of Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village’s Susan Grelick Legacy Society.
For more information about this and other giving opportunities, please contact email@example.com.