Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church
Constructed in 1854. Originally located on Transit Road near Muegel Road. Building is typical of 19th century rural churches and served the German-speaking Lutheran residents of East Amherst until the 1960s. All of the stained glass windows, except for the altar window, are original to the church. The first two pews on each side are original to the church. Features a gold crown at the top of the steeple.
Constructed circa 1840. Originally located near Dann and Smith Roads. This building has been repurposed to share the story of 19th century brewing, the Erie Canal, trade, and commerce.
Constructed circa 1840s. Originally located near New and Smith Roads, upon a 200-acre stretch of farm land owned by the Bigelow Family. The Bigelow Family were prosperous land owners and farmers – including Harry Foster Bigelow, a noted horticulturist. Dwelling is believed to have been occupied by the family of the Bigelow’s farm manager. Features saltbox construction more commonly found in the New England area.
Schmitt Log House
Constructed circa 1840. Originally located in the “French Settlement” area near Ellicott Creek Road and Niagara Falls Boulevard, upon a 25-acre farm. Occupied by the Henry Schmitt Family from 1840 to 1879. Features hand-hewn log construction typical of German technique.
Constructed in 1856. Originally located at the northwest intersection of Dodge and Glen Oak Roads, upon a 125-acre farm. Occupied by farm implement salesman George Hoover and family from 1856 to 1883. Features Victorian vernacular Italianate architecture.
The Woodwrights Shop
Constructed in 1847. Originally located on Sweet Home Road, near Tonawanda Creek Road, and was used as a school until 1948. This building has been repurposed to share the story of 19th century woodworking.
Constructed in 1888. Originally located on Transit Road in Swormville. This building has been repurposed to showcase goods produced by our Village artisans, using the traditional methods and techniques of the 19th century.
Historic Foodways Cottage
Constructed in 1851. Originally located at the corner of Garrison Road and Park Drive in Williamsville. Features Greek Revival doorway with leaded glass sidelights. This building has been repurposed to share the story of 19th century foodways.
Reconstruction. This building is representative of smaller, one-man smiths found on farms. The blacksmith provided one of the most important services in the community. He was able to make or repair nearly everything that was made of iron.
Williamsville School #9
Constructed circa 1880. Originally located at New and Smith Roads and was used as a school until the early 1950s. Original rondel with lettering above the entrance identifies the school. The double desks are original to this schoolhouse.
Fiber Arts Cottage
Constructed circa 1840. Originally located on New Road, between Millersport Highway and Tonawanda Creek Road. Built using nogging construction (exterior walls comprised of layers of brick between wood framing). This technique provided strength and insulation to a structure. This building has been repurposed to share the story of 19th century textile production and fiber arts.
During outdoor events, the Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village Bandstand is the spot for dancing, entertainment, musical performances, and more.