The Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village Archives contain approximately 18,000 items including ephemera, sheet music, pamphlets, magazines, newspapers, maps, ledgers, scrapbooks and 11,000 photographs relevant to our region’s history.
Niederlander Research Library
The library’s collection contains more than 5,500 volumes, and features:
- A full set of the Amherst Bee newspaper, published from 1879 to the present day
- An Index to Obituaries and Index to Marriage Notices in the Amherst Bee
- Genealogy files on local families
- Historic Building files on prominent local properties
- Subject files on local history topics
- Tax assessment and census records from the 19th and 20th centuries
- BNHV can conduct searches of the Niederlander Research Library Collection upon request. These search requests carry a minimum fee of $25 per hour for non-members and $20 per hour for members. All fees go directly to the care and support of our Collection.
- Researchers may utilize our Special Collections. These special requests require curatorial approval and carry a minimum fee of $25 per hour for non-members and $20 per hour for members. All fees go directly to the care and support of our Collection.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about submitting a research request, or submitting an inquiry regarding rights and reproductions.
As a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, all fees go directly to supporting library and archive operations. We are deeply appreciative of your support. Please allow a turnaround time of two weeks minimum for requests. Thank you.