Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village offers fulfilling volunteer experiences for all ages and interests. We frequently work with seniors, corporate groups, scouts, and students of all ages looking to complete community service hours.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the following areas: school tour docents, special events, historic interpretation, collections, historic costuming, gardening and grounds, administrative and clerical, maintenance, and more. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out our Volunteer Application and forward it to email@example.com. Our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your interests.
2019 Docent Opportunities:
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village is looking for docents! Docents tell the story of our historic village and museum for all visitors to Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village. Docents must be enthusiastic, cheerful, and willing to learn. They should have an interest working with people, and be comfortable talking to visitors of all ages. Training will be provided.
The position requires availability on Thursdays from 4 PM – 8 PM, and Saturdays from 10 AM – 4 PM. Docents interested in giving guided tours should be available on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 AM – 1 PM.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
2019 Event Volunteer Opportunities:
- Pioneer Day Camp – July 8 – 12, July 22 – 26, August 5 -9 – Educational Programming
- 35th Annual Buffalo Niagara Scottish Festival – August 17 – 18, Varying Shifts – Admissions, Ticket Sales, ID Check & More!
- Halloween Trick or Treat – October 18 & October 19 – Steffen Snack Stop
- Taste of Christmas Past – December 7 – Admissions, Raffles
- Breakfast With Santa – December 15 – Serving, Clean Up
- Seasonal Decorations – Scottish (August), Halloween (October), Holiday (November)
Becoming a volunteer is easy.
To sign up, please complete the form below, email email@example.com, or call 716-689-1440 for more information.