BNHV will reopen July 18th, at 10:00 am.
We are so excited to welcome you back to your Village and Museum.
To accommodate new state and local health and safety regulations developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented some operational changes. Please thoroughly review the following updates to learn how we plan to keep you safe during your visit with us.
We kindly ask that any guests who feel unwell, have a fever, or exhibit any other symptoms please stay home and plan a visit for another time. BNHV will refund tickets for those who are unwell, so that they may enjoy our Museum and grounds at a later date.
It takes a village to ensure a happy and safe experience for all.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping us to stay healthy and stop the spread.
- Due to NYS capacity restrictions, BNHV is now utilizing a timed-ticket entry system. Advanced reservations are now required for all general admission guests.
- Purchase tickets here.
- Capacity is limited to 30 people per hour.
- Masks are required for all visitors over the age of two. Please bring your own mask.
- Social distancing will be enforced. Please maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others outside of your party.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the Museum for guest use.
- Hands-on, interactive and/or small exhibits have been temporarily closed.
- At this time, this includes the Erie Canal Room, Pioneer Kitchen, Let’s Eat, and Stereo Advantage Theater.
- Self-guided tours are available in the Village.
- Historic interpreters will perform outdoor demonstrations Thursdays (4:00 pm to 7:00 pm) and Saturdays (10:00 am to 4:00 pm).
- At this time, the Blacksmith Shop, Pharmacy & Doctor’s Office, Hoover House, Schmitt Log House, and General Store will be open for interior viewing from behind plexi barriers. All other historic buildings have been temporarily closed.
Cleaning and Safety Protocols
- BNHV takes your health and safety seriously. We have implemented the following cleaning and safety protocols:
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized at least twice daily
- High touch areas, such as doorknobs, faucets, and the front desk, will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day
- Staff will conduct a full deep clean and sanitization of the Museum daily
- A plexi barrier has been installed at our point of sale
- Four new hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the Museum and Village