- This event has passed.
October 18 @ 4:00 pm - October 19 @ 9:00 pm
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village presents
Halloween Trick or Treat
October 18th & 19th
4:00 to 9:00 pm
(Last admission at 7:30 pm)
Halloween Trick or Treat
Join us for a ghostly good time at Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village’s annual Trick or Treat! It’s a safe, gently spooky outdoor event for children ages 3-12.
Children and their parents can Trick or Treat through our Historic Village. Everyone is encouraged to come in costume for this fun OUTDOOR event set in a safe environment. New, colorful lighting will add a festive mood in the village.
Children receive (with paid admission): a Trick-or-Treat bag, TREATS at historic buildings, and FREE refreshments and snacks at the Snack Stop. Family-friendly entertainment includes kids’ games and live music.
Horse-drawn hayrides will be $2 per rider. Also available for purchase will be pizza, kettle corn, pumpkins and children’s books.
Friday, October 18th and Saturday, October 19th
Admission from 4:00 to 7:30 pm; Snack Stop and Historic Village will be open to attendees until 9:00 pm.
$8 per Child Trick or Treating
$5 per Adult
Adult Members FREE
Reservations are recommended for this popular family-friendly event. To make online reservations, please CLICK HERE. To make reservations by phone, please call 716-689-1440.
Walks-ins are welcome: Children $10 at gate, Adults $7 at gate.
New this year: pumpkin carving contest
Show off your artistic skills in our new pumpkin carving contest!
There is no fee to enter.
The carved pumpkins will be displayed at the Halloween Trick or Treat event, and people can vote on their favorite one. Two prizes for the People’s Choice Awards will be given out: $50 for 1st place and $25 for 2nd place.
If you’d like to enter our pumpkin carving contest, see the rules and register here.
Have a ghostly good time!
- This event is hosted outdoors in our historic village. Children should wear costumes appropriate for the weather.
- It takes approximately 1 hour to trick-or-treat.
- Edible treats and refreshments may contain nuts or nut products.
- Our free trick-or-treat bags help to identify who is to receive treats. Please leave other treat bags or pumpkins at home.
- Adults should bring a flashlight.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- Strollers are not permitted in the historic buildings.
- Tickets will be sent via email with valid email address, or you may check in at admissions (Steffen Building). We will not confirm your order by phone.
- New this year: We will be using the Steffen Education Building as the admissions gate — please do not go to the main Shaw Museum building.