Mrs. Elliott’s Dinner: September 28th
September 28 @ 5:00 pm
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village presents
Mrs. Elliott’s Dinner
5:00 to 8:00 pm
Saturday, September 28th or Saturday, October 26th
Step back in time for a fully immersive 19th century dining experience within our Historic Village. This intimate candlelit supper will be served in Elliott House after careful preparation by the lady of the house, Amy Elliott. Guests will learn about 19th century cooking techniques, seasonal meal preparation, 19th century life in the Buffalo Niagara Region, and Amy Elliott’s life in the domestic sphere of 19th century Amherst, New York.
Bill of Fare
Gleaned from original receipt books circa 1840s. Dinner to be cooked in cast iron upon the step stove circa 1840s.
Menu for September 28th
- Relishes and Pickles (from our Farmstead)
- Baked Ham with catsup
- Sham Pig
- Mock Oysters
- Biscuits and Butter (crock made butter)
- Buttermilk Pound cake with Custard Sauce
Menu for October 26th
- Pickles and Relishes (from our Farmstead)
- Pork Tenderloin with Seasonal Fruit (from our Farmstead)
- New Roasted Potatoes with Herbs (from our Farmstead)
- Medley of Seasonal Vegetables
- Buttermilk Biscuits and Crock-churned Butter
- Pear Upside-down Cake
Please keep in mind that historic recipes do not always follow modern-day dietary needs and restrictions, and plan accordingly if you are on a special diet.
Mrs. Elliott’s Dinner will be held on Saturday, September 28th and Saturday, October 26th from 5:00 to 8:00 pm.
For pricing and availability, call 716-689-1440.
Private dinners can be arranged for parties of 10. Call 716-689-1440 for more information.