- This event has passed.
July 11 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village hosts
The 3rd Annual
Thursday, July 11th
On Thursday, July 11 at 6:30 pm Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village will host a tour of the gardens housed upon its 35 acre grounds. The tour will be presented by the Master Gardeners of Erie and Niagara Counties. The tour will cover:
- The Peace Garden, where the War of 1812, the Peace Garden Trail and the importance of using native plants will be discussed.
- The Dyer’s Garden, where plants used to dye cloth before the development of chemical dye will be discussed.
- The compost bins, where the composting process and its historical history will be discussed.
- The Hoover House Garden, where Victorian Era plants and garden design will be discussed.
- The Herb Garden, where several herbs and their medicinal and culinary uses will be discussed.
Admission is FREE as part of Free Farmstead Thursday, made possible through generous support by M&T Bank.