- This event has passed.
July 11, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village hosts
The 2nd Annual
Wednesday, July 11th
10:00 – 11:00 am
On Wednesday, July 11, from 10:00 – 11:00 am Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village will host a tour of the gardens housed upon its 35 acre grounds. The tour will be presented by the Master Gardeners of Erie and Niagara Counties, who curate and maintain the gardens on BNHV’s grounds. The tour will cover:
- The Peace Garden, where the War of 1812, the Peace Garden Trail and the importance of using native plants will be discussed.
- The Dyer’s Garden, where plants used to dye cloth before the development of chemical dye will be discussed.
- The compost bins, where the composting process and its historical history will be discussed.
- The Hoover House, where Victorian Era plants and garden design will be discussed.
- The Herb Garden, where several herbs and their medicinal and culinary uses will be discussed.
Admission is $8 for Adults, $6 for Seniors, Military, and Children, and FREE for 3 and under. Admission to the Museum and Historic Village is included in the cost of admission.