Become a part of the Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village Artisan Community!
Beginning in May 2021, our Community Artisan Groups will offer a new way to get involved at BNHV.
Community Artisans engage, learn, and work together on various projects in our historic setting, using traditional tools and methods.
You can become an integral part of this experience and join a passionate community of people working together to
preserve and perpetuate rural heritage crafts.
As a Community Artisan, you receive:
- Dedicated time and space to practice your craft on BNHV grounds
- The opportunity to learn and engage with other artisans
- Free regular admission to BNHV
- 10% discount in the Museum Store
CAV participants are encouraged to join us every Saturday, from 10:00 to 4:00 pm to practice their craft and work on projects with the group, but attendance is not required. Please note, the registration fee is for materials only. Refunds will not be issued for missed dates during the CAV season.
All CAV projects will be carried out in the Historic Village. Visitors to the museum will be encouraged to watch and interact with CAV registrants as they complete their projects.
Projects are led by the group CAV leader, but they are not formal workshops. Classes and workshops at BNHV are a separate offering. You can view available classes and workshops here.
Opportunities will be offered in:
- Fiber Arts
- Historic Foodways
Participation is limited to persons aged 18 and older.
Individuals may join only one Community Artisan Group. Limited spaces are available.
- If the group of your choice is full, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list.
The Community Artisan Program runs from May 1st, 2021 to October 30th, 2021. The $50 registration fee covers materials for this period.
- Registration closes May 31, 2021.
- Any requests made after that date will be considered on a case by case basis.